Sunday, January 8, 2012

Engaged Encounter - 1995


We're doing a little purging of our paperwork this weekend. To my delight, I came across the notebook I used during our marriage prep weekend, Engaged Encounter. Looking back on my pre-marriage musings about where our shared life was going to go, with the hindsight of almost 16 years of marriage, was fascinating. All the things I didn't know about being a husband and a father, a provider and a partner; it just blows my mind.

L and I have been through so much together. Reading my notebook, remembering the different man I was then, the different WORLD we were living in, and contemplating the enormity of everything that's happened since then...and we're still standing. Different people, a different couple, with a relationship we couldn't have dreamt up in a million years. But we're still here.

Thank God she stayed.

The Epiphany of the Lord
Daily Mass Readings
Isaiah 60:1-6
Psalms 72: 1-2,7-8,10-13
Ephesians 3:2-3a,5-6
Matthew 2:1-12

1 comment: