Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ecumenism re-imagined....

Ever tried to be too many things to too many people?

Spiritually. I've been learning to attempt this is monumentally draining, I can tell you. Being in contact and discussing matters of faith with folks of all faith or none is one thing. In an attempt truly be understanding and tolerant, I've been immersing myself in other said folks' viewpoints. In other words, instead of finding the common ground between us, I'm so concerened about seeming "intolerant" that I'm downplaying my beliefs in favor of theirs. It almost feels like, in the name of tolerance, I'm diluting who I am. Like I'm losing focus.

And to label it as "ecumenical" just doesn't work for me any more.

Love all of you....but I'm going to have to start adhering to the adage of "agree to disagree".

Not in the best place right now.

Daily Mass Readings
1 Samuel 3:1-10,19-20
Psalm 40:2,5,7-10
Mark 1:29-39

No comments:

Post a Comment