Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Profession!

On Saturday, October 22, 2011, I made my solemn Profession as a Secular Franciscan. The ceremony went by in a whirlwind, my biological family and Franciscan family came together for the first time, and I am STILL floating on air!

Here is my actual profession, made in front of the altar of our Lord in the presence of my family, friends and fraternity, with my hands in the hands of our Minster, Pauline:
I, Thomas, by the grace of God, renew my baptismal promises and consecrate myself to the service of His Kingdom. Therefore, in my secular state, I promise to live all the days of my life the Gospeel of our Lord Jesus Christ in the Secular Franciscan Order by observing its Rule of Life.

May the grace of the Holy Spirit, the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and our holy father, St. Francis, and the fraternal bonds of community always be my help, so that I may reach the goal of perfect Christian love.


Thanks be to God.

Daily Mass Readings
Romans 8:31b-39
Psalm 109:21-22,26-27,30-31
Luke 13:31-35

No comments:

Post a Comment