Thursday, June 9, 2011

The man comes around...


I've discovered recently that ecumenism between multiple faiths is something that is piquing my interest. Am I being "called" there? Perhaps, and I plan on following it. Why do I feel such kinship and intrigue toward multiple faiths? Because of the people I've met and the way they live their lives; I feel the spark of Divinity in them all. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Paganism, even the varying degrees of Agnosticism and Atheism. I'd like to do something within the forever unfinished work of bringing all these faiths just a little bit closer, a little bit further from the chaos (although there's something to be said for some chaos at times!) All of these lenses with which we view the Mystery are distorted, necessarily incomplete. We recognize that that Mystery through the culture and times through which we experience it, through the faiths (or lack thereof) which we are given and/or which we choose. There is a purposeful diversity that must always be cherished. But we focus on what divides us as a People far, far more than what unites us. I find this sad. I enjoy conversing with these people, and would love to solve the problems of the Universe working with such people. Or at least share a bit of fellowship.

I will be rebranding this blog, or possibily starting a new one from a completely different angle. This periodic trumpeting of where I am on my spiritual journey is all starting to taste like beans. I've been censoring myself and I am admittedly writing in part to scream "LOOK AT ME, HERE I AM, SEE HOW GOOD AND HOLY I'M BECOMING?" Now there's nothing wrong with that, per se. But for me, it's getting old, and there are other things in my faith and my life that merit more attention (the above-ecumenical thing is but one of them.)

I'll leave this blog up for any who'd care to peruse it in the future. To those who've actually been reading, thank you for honoring my writing with a glance or comment. I've learned a lot from this experience, but it's time to evolve. I've gone as far as I can here.

Thursday in the Seventh Week of Easter
Daily Mass Readings
Acts 22:30; 23:6-11
Psalm 16:1-2a+5,7-11
John 17:20-26

No comments:

Post a Comment