Monday, May 4, 2009

I felt you touch me, Lord

Just grateful to be alive, grateful for my family - my wife, my children. Grateful for you, my Risen Christ and the gift of vocation you have given me, even if I am unsure what that wholly entails!

I look past my primary vocation of husband and father so many times that I forget it is a vocation at all. It is sacramental and holy, and I have to try not to take it for granted. It is the the day-to-day that I can become most intimate with you, my Brother Jesus. I must do better to hear the whispers, instead of trying to tune in to thunderclaps that may not come.

Francis and Clare help to to hear!

Pax,
Thomas

Daily Mass Readings
Memorial of Saint Athanasius
Acts 9:31-42
Psalm 116:12-13, 14-15, 16-17
John 6:60-69

No comments:

Post a Comment