Monday, November 28, 2011

I HATE when that happens!

I'd fully intended on getting a good start with the Advent season. Unfortunately, between a busy weekend and a lousy cold, I didn't get to Mass yesterday (ALSO missing the introduction of the new Missal!), didn't get the Advent Wreath out of storage, didn't do a lot of things.

I could get down on myself, and scramble to catch up. But that's not what the Season is about. Advent is about the patient waiting for the Christ Child to come into the world. Scrambling will not make me any more ready to welcome Him. To parahrase a Zen quote I once came across, "The mind is like water; it cannot be made still through any effort. It can only be made still, by being still", or something to that effect. If any of you know the exact quote or source, please let me know!

Embrace the Holy Darkness of Advent. Come, Christ Child!

Memorial of St. Joseph Pignatelli, S.J.
Daily Mass Readings
Isaiah 2:1-5
Psalm 122:1-9
Matthew 8:5-11

No comments:

Post a Comment