Monday, March 14, 2011

Franciscan Prayer at the end of the Day


From the SECULAR FRANCISCAN COMPANION:

Thanksgiving for the Day
How shall I be able to thank you, O Lord, for all your favors?
You have thought of me for all eternity; you have brought me from nothing;
You have given your life to redeem me, and you continue still, daily,
To load me with your favors.
My God, what return can I make you for your benefits
And in particular for the favors of this day?
Join me, you blessed spirits and all the elect in praising the God of mercies who is so bountiful to so unworthy a creature.

Invocation of the Holy Spirit
O Holy Spirit, eternal source of light
Give me light to know the sins I have committed this day
And grant me the grace to be truly sorry for them.

A good night and peaceful rest to you all!

Daily Mass Readings
Leviticus 19:1-2,11-18
Psalm 19:8-10,15
Matthew 25:31-46

No comments:

Post a Comment