Saturday, November 13, 2010

Waiting for Advent...


I always cringe a bit when I see the Christmas decorations the day after Halloween. [Author's note: NO, I don't say 'Holiday'..Chanukha is Chanukha, Ramadan is Ramadan, Yule is Yule, and I celebrate Christmas...deal with it] Not only does Thanksgiving get the short shrift, so does the quiet penitential season of Advent.

The season of awaiting the Christ Child urges us to look inward at the Holy Darkness and make sure we are prepared to receive Him. Advent also prepares us for the Second Coming of Christ. There's much going on in many facets of my life right now; there's not been much time for me to write, or do much of anything else for that matter! I long for the season of Advent to reflect on where I've been on my path this year, and to prepare myself and my family to adore Him, come Christmas.

Come Holy Family. Our Inn awaits your presence.

Memorial of St. Frances Cabrini
Daily Mass Readings
3 John 5-8
Psalm 112:1-6
Luke 18:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment