Sunday, October 17, 2010

A New Day.


My parents had a small wooden plaque with an inspirational quote in the den. It was there for at least my first 15 years of life. I looked at it and read it every single day. More often than not I ignored its message. This morning I remember, feel it, and am trying to live it. The quote was as follows:
Today is the beginning of a New Day.
God has given me this day to use as I will.
I can waste it or grow in its light,
And be of service to others.
But what I do with this day is important
Because I will have exchanged a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes, today will be gone forever.
I hope I will not regret the price I paid for it.

Browsing around the internet looking for the author of this poem, I found a good number of inspirational-type sites that include some version of it. I almost was let down by finding it...thought is was something unique to my parents' den for some reason. An inspiration meant to speak directly to me. Well regardless to whom this poem is directed, it inspires me today. And I guess that's the point, isn't it?

Daily Mass Readings
Exodus 17:8-13
Psalm 121:1-8
2 Timothy 3:14,4:2
Luke 18:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment