Monday, February 15, 2010

Meeting of the minds and souls

It's been awhile since I have been able to write. Thankfully, our busy season is starting to wind down and I am nicely recovering from a long hard bout of bronchitis; I will be able to hit the blog a bit more often as Lent arrives.

For the second month in a row, I've not been able to get to my Franciscan fraternity meeting. Last month I was laid up with the aforementioned bronchitis, and tonight's meeting was canceled because of the forthcoming snow. I've not been together with my spiritual brothers and sisters since the beginning of Advent, and I really miss them. We're supposed to have a day of prayer at the Friary this Saturday, but our host and spiritual director, Bro. Ed, is recovering from a minor stroke, so he's touch and go for the time being.

God does always have an answer for our needs, however.

This Friday I am getting together with 2 dear friends from high school, both of whom I have discovered are "kindred souls". All 3 of us come from different spiritual paths, yet we all seem - I don't know - excited by the possibility and hope that belief in the Divine can bring. We've been shooting emails and messages back and forth for the last few months and have finally nailed down Friday as an opportunity to "solve the problems of the Universe".

I'm really looking forward to it!

Pax,
Thomas

Daily Mass Readings
James 1:1-11
Psalm 119:67,68,71,72,75,76
Mark 8:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment