Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another way to pray the Divine Office

I try to say at Lauds and Vespers (Morning and Evening prayer) each day. I love joining in these Church-wide prayers; it helps me feel connected and in communion with the rest of the Church community.

As I am physically alone when I say these prayers, it sometimes gets dry saying similar daily prayers myself. On those occasions, I find it uplifting to continue to observe my prayers, but in a new way with a new context.

http://www.gratefulness.org/angels/selectHour.cfm?l=ENG



This website introduces us the the Angel of the Hours. Each of these Angels can accompany a "cyber-pilgim" through all hours of the Divine Office; Vigils, Lauds, Prime, Terce, Sext, None, Vespers, and Compine. Each hour has an appropriate theme, chiming bells, and Gregorian chant. It is a welcome alternate from daily prayer recitation; the music and images set a prayerful stage.

Do check it out, and enjoy your walk with the Angels!

Peace,
Thomas

Daily Mass Readings
Jonah 3:1-10
Psalm 51:3-4,12-13,18-19
Luke 11:29-32

No comments:

Post a Comment