Monday, August 10, 2009

3 sets of 10 Things...

Thanks go to Jake Morrisey & Greg Bestick for these contributions to A MAN'S JOURNEY TO SIMPLE ABUNDANCE by Sarah Ban Breathnacht.

A good deal of these truths are self-evident. Some not so much. But I would do well to refer to these nuggets every now and again...

10 THINGS EVERY MAN SHOULD KEEP IN MIND AT ALL TIMES

1. Right-y, tight-y; left-y, loose-y
2. A career is not a substitute for a life plan
3. Shouting doesn't help.
4. Laughter does.
5. It is inevitable that the people you love will occasionally let you down.
6. It is inevitable you will occasionally let down the people you love.
7. Health is the first wealth.
8. It takes too much energy to hold a grudge.
9. Amortize, ameliorate, or purge all regrets every 5 years.
10. Flowers always help. So does "I'm sorry" and "Thanks".


10 THINGS I HOPE MY KIDS LEARN BEFORE I DID

1. The amazing amount of "anything" and "everything" that's out of your hands
2. The pleasures of pausing somewhere you shouldn't at two in the afternoon.
3. How money works.
4. It's the small moments that make it worthwhile.
5. How to dance.
6. Success in life is how well you deal with "Plan C".
7. Admitting you don't have all the answers produces remarkable results.
8. Don't tell someone who knows how to do his job how to do his job.
9. Figure out who the important people are; make sure they know you know.
10. Where the clitoris is.


10 THINGS I WANT MY WIFE TO KNOW

1. Emotionally, we have to take turns "being on top".
2. I can't form words around my feelings as fast as you can.
3. I love you.
4. Don't confuse preoccupation with indifference.
5. Even though I'm paranoid, I really do know you're not out to get me.
6. There are really times when silence is better than talking about it,
7. I know I can go farther with you than without you.
8. I think you are beautiful, no matter what you look like on any given day.
9. Of course, on any given day, you look great.
10. When we get lost in each other, I find myself.


Daily Mass Readings
Feast of St. Lawrence
2 Corinthians 9:6-10
Psalm 112:1-2,5-9
John 12:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment